Tuesday, April 21, 2009

podcast troubles

Still working on podcasting. Ran into a couple of bumps in the road using some of the districts equipment. I got to use on of the flip video cameras, it is really nice and easy to use but doesn't work with iMovie. When you hook it up to the Mac's USB port it shows up as a flash drive but iMovie wouldn't import anything from it. So I tried to move the files from the camera to the hard drive and they came over as AVI files. So I tried to import them into iMovie and that didn't work either. I later found out that it all depends on which OS you are using and the camera's software/firmware can't be changed you have to send it in and exchange it for another camera. One of my fellow teachers spent hours with tech support and then had to send his in. I'll see what happens when he gets his back.

For now I'm using a work around using an old video camera that hooks right up to iMovie. I guess if I was better at doing a great job with the first shoot I wouldn't need iMovie to clean it up! I'll work on that, yea, right;)

No comments: