Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing 19 Screencasting

I went through the lesson on screencasting today to see if I could get some good ideas as to how to use it more effectively with the on-line class that we are building. I have an wiki to put it on but there are some things with the districts set up that we have to figure out yet.

I looked at Jing, Skitch, KickApps and Screentoaster. They all seem easy enough to use and I like the fact that on some of them you can preview and edit what you've just done. Being able to put them in a format that allows you to use the iPod Touches that are going around could be very helpful.

I can see that using this as a tutorial for teaching students how to set up a lab or use a piece of equipment will be very useful, especially for our ELL population. I liked Screentoaster but there is a cost associated with it so for now I'll use the one from the district that we used during our podcast training.

2 comments:

AnnWS said...

Screentoaster is free to use. Did you see something that made you think otherwise?

Karen said...

Here's another option: http://screencastle.com/

Though using the district's software is great, too.