Tuesday, May 19, 2009

screencasting/podcasting

Still doing lots of screen and pod castings. I can see that it would be a great idea to have a web site that has podcasts of the powerpoints I present to class. By using video to capture the stories and drawing that I do based on questions the students ask, those that missed class will have a much better feeling for what they missed when compared to just going through a powerpoint. I've also found that in making short podcast of vocabulary for our ELL students, it has helped me come up with additional examples that should help all my students. I'd like to try to use them for quizzes by doing a demo which would then be consistent for each class. I have to say having a little Flip video camera has been great! It is so easy to quickly grab it and shoot some video the just plug it in to the computer for editing. I plan on shooting a lot of video this summer and getting things ready for next year.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great idea of using this to support ELL students (as well as, like you said, all students). Good luck with your summer preparations!